Monday, July 12, 2010

My Friends

This is a quote I loved from Amber's Blog:

“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a TRUCK that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing the neighbors lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed some one's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

I am so thankful for my family and friends. I think with cleaning house and making sure our children go out in to the world as a representation of our family, we forget that it isn't what is on the outside or what other people see. It is definitely that we love and we share of ourselves. It is in some of the small things we do everyday that we don't realized make the difference. I have a exercise group of some of the best ladies. I just wanted to tell them I love them and I am in awe of their talents and what they share with me everyday.

Michelle has taught me gardening, running, she is the most giving person I know. She is the best artist I have ever met and she is so humble. Her yard is the prettiest ever. I always enjoy the time I spend with her. I am so glad to know her. She is Wonder Woman without the lasso and the ugly boots.

Kenzee- Wow what a beautiful graceful dancer. She always has a smile and such a brightness to her. She is so kind. I wish I had more opportunities to get to know her better.

Amber is such a good listener and she knows how to make your day with the perfect compliment. She is positive and such an inspiration of where hard work can get you. Just being around Amber makes you a better person.

Jen is a Cook, a bargain hunter, Cake maker extraordinaire, She makes the cutest booties. She is such a fun part of our group. I love ideas she shares on her blog.

Kirsten we all love her. She is the most patient person I know. I strive to be like her and let all the little things roll off of me. Just like all the girls she never has anything bad to say about anyone. She is so genuine and caring. She is a great teacher and example.

Sam I have really gotten to know Sam on a personal level and I thank Heavenly Father for her everyday. She is a truly good person to the core. I love talking with her and learning from her good example. She knows how to do everything and she is willing to share her talents. She is so non-judgemental. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Every book she suggests to me is good. She has inspired me to be a better person and fill my life with better things. I have really enjoyed the time I have spent with her.

Tracy is my dearest friend and I love her so much. I am super sad she is moving, but I know she will always be a special part of my life. I think everyone should have a friend like Tracy who is always there for you. Who is honest with you and loves you in spite of all of your faults. Tracy is such a strong person who always rises to adversity. Tracy is so much fun to be around and you can talk to her about anything. She has most definitely left footprints on my heart.

We have a couple new girls and I really can't wait to get to know them better.

I hope everyday I teach my children to be kind and that I can learn to be less judgemental. Maybe by the time I am 80.

6 comments:

  1. I am crying right now. What a sweet post, Holly. YOU are such an amazing person, and friend. You have the great ability of seeing everyone's strengths, and letting them know! I am so grateful for your friendship and love. You are a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet, thank you! I'm grateful for you everyday too. You made my day when you called to check on me last week, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even begin to tell you how much YOU mean to ME!!!! Just this past week alone, as I've been on bed rest, you've coordinated meals for my family and scrubbed my house clean...that is truly what a friend is...someone who scrubs your toilets :)! As excited as I am about my family's move to FLorida, I am so sad to be leaving you, but I know that we have the kind of friendship that breaks all bariers, surpasses timezones and miles, and will truly last forever!! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would do the same for me, plus it was just fun to get away and visit with you for a while. I am so excited about all your new adventures. I will miss you soooo much, but I know in my heart this is really good for your family. I want everything good for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete