Friday, January 30, 2009

Book Battle


Derrick our neighbor also participated in the book battle.


Lance talking when he was suppose to be listening to Mrs. Young. Thank goodness she had her back to them. She is strict, but I really like her.



Krista told me they fed him waffles for breakfast. She hoped it was bland enough so it would stay down. Brady has been a good friend for Lance.



Every year they have the 2-6 graders read a list of books. They test them on the books. They take 12 kids from each grade and have a contest where they ask them questions. They have to answer what book the question is from. These are the 5th Graders. It is very nerve racking because they buzz in as soon as they know the answer not when the question is finished. All the kids look like they are going to throw up. Lance won 2nd place again this year. Brady won 3rd place. All of the winners were from Lance's class. Seven of the twelve participants where also from Mrs. Emery's class.

4 comments:

  1. I always hated those competitive things growing up. Sounds like Lance handles it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lance! That sure would make me nervous if I had to do that in front of everyone. Brady is a good kid...I miss seeing him every week : ).

    ReplyDelete